Data / Links
Global Data Archive: Other Data Sites
- NOAA National Climatic Data Center
- Japan Meteorological Agency
- The British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC) provides global, gridded, historical data sets of sea surface temperatures, sea-level pressure, marine air temperature (nighttime) for academic use.
- NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) provides several global, gridded data sets: surface temperature, precipitation, clouds, aerosols, and other fields.
- The IRI/LDEO (International Research Institute for Climate Prediction / Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory) data library contains a broad selection of climate data sets.
- University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit: historical, gridded, global precipitation, SLP, surface temperature, minimum-, maximum-temperature, vapor pressure, and many other fields.
- Western Region Climate Center: digital values of climatological mean precipitation and surface temperature for the National Weather Service cooperative network stations in the western United States.
- NCEP Climate Prediction Center
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory provides high spatial resolution sea surface temperatures and other, more oceanographic, fields.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR):
- NOAA Climate Diagnostics Center: the NMC Reanalysis data and the Comprehensive Ocean-Atmosphere Data Set (COADS) in netCDF format. Also, water vapor temperature is available here.
- Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center: historical data sets.
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center Microwave Sounding Unit temperature and ocean rainfall
- FSU Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies: near real-time monthly-mean pseudostress analyses for the tropical Pacific and Indian Oceans.
- Global River Discharge Database Project (RivDIS)
- Global Runoff Data Centre (GRDC) river discharge data.
- United Kingdom Met Office Hadley
- "WaterWeb" search engine for hydrological data. Let me know if this is useful!
- Indian Monsoon data: vegetation and precipitation departures served by the Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)
- Pacific Island Rainfall provided by the Oklahoma Climatological Survey.
Daily- or hourly means
Contact Todd Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org).